Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Exec Club points not coming from Cathay Pacific

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2024, 2:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, Virgin

new to here. It seems that each time i take a flight on Cathay the Points do not get credited to my BA account and when I submit a claim it gets rejected. The last time I called after the rejection they credited it, but the most recent time i'm still waiting on the claim to be dealt with. Is there a problem with partner airlines crediting (Cathay in this case) or am I just unlucky?
Old Apr 19, 2024, 2:37 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Some booking classes on Cathay may not be eligible for TP

you can enter your flight details in the TP calculator and see what points are awarded for what booking classes. if your booking class is not on the list then its 0 points

https://www.britishairways.com/trave...r/public/en_gb
Old Apr 19, 2024, 2:46 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by ianmcnally
Is there a problem with partner airlines crediting (Cathay in this case) or am I just unlucky?
We flew with Iberia to Madrid for Easter. Outbound credited, inbound didn’t. Ten days later I tried to use the missing flights function on BA’s website but received an error message. I called the Gold line yesterday and was told the flights would credit in three days.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 2:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, Sixt Platinum
Similar story here, still waiting on some Avios and TP from CX too. We had a connection in HKG (one ticket, one check in, luggage checked through) the flight from HKG credited after two days, the flight to HKG has still not credited (yes, booking class eligible per the BA calculator). Claim put in on BA.com about 10 days ago but still nothing.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 3:05 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
if the flights are showing in the calculator as eligible but retro claims are being denied I would recommend calling BAEC
Old Apr 19, 2024, 4:23 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
Welcome to Flyertalk.
There was a problem with P class flights for several years which got sorted out a few months back.
They did get nothing but now they are treated as business class by BA for reward purposes.
So your issues in the past may not be the same as issue from today.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 4:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Diamond, IHG Diamond
I’ve had to do this silly dance with BA for my last 3 trips with CX.

W sectors LHR-HKG don’t credit, but Y sectors HKG-xxx do credit automatically.

Raise a partner claim on the BA website including all details + ticket number. Claim rejected.

Use webchat to contact BAEC and the points credit within 2 days.

Tedious.
makin'miles likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 4:47 am

I've just flown TPE - HKG - CDG on Cathay, then CDG - LHR - BSL on BA on a separate ticket. In J.

Not only did Cathay in Taipei check my bags all the way to Basel (as expected - it's going from BA to Cathay that doesn't work), but the Avios and TPs credited within 24 hours.

(I'm still waiting for a dribble of Avios/TPs from a short JAL flight in Y I took 10 days ago.)

Edit: JAL flights posted. Got my 15 TPs (10 for the outbound, 5 inbound). There's a chance I might make Silver this year - first time since 2018.

Last edited by adrianlondon; Apr 21, 2024 at 1:46 pm
Old Apr 19, 2024, 5:40 am

Looking at my CX flights this year, TPs and Avios have consistently posted three days after the flights.

Last edited by Non Compos Mentis; Apr 19, 2024 at 11:51 am Reason: Grammar
Old Apr 19, 2024, 8:33 am
Original Poster

When I phoned, they told me that the online claim does not usually work with CX, and that you need to phone them. Worth giving them a call.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 11:03 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by imac
When I phoned, they told me that the online claim does not usually work with CX, and that you need to phone them. Worth giving them a call.
Unfortunately a lot of devil is in the details.
If you give the dates of travel and the flights numbers taken and which class of travel on each flight you will get better answers here.
E.g.
2nd MAR 2024 CX252 LHR-HKG Booking class I

If you don't know how to find out the booking class of your ticket, just say whether it was economy, business, first etc. But you will probably need to find out the booking class to decide how much you are due.
Old Apr 21, 2024, 10:22 pm

Have had trouble with Cathay flights posting this year, 6 flights all failed to post - always rejected on the claims process have to email with boarding passes/e tickets and eventually they're manually processed.
Old Apr 21, 2024, 11:21 pm

Programs: BA SL, CX GR, IHG Plat Amb
Similar problem with me. Flight back in January on CX with a one-way E class ticket. Still not credited after chat, X, and even submitting boarding pass and booking record to EC via email. Local hotline was not helpful, as they could only refer the case back to base.
Old Apr 22, 2024, 1:36 am
Original Poster

how do you use webchat to BA?
Old Apr 22, 2024, 2:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, CX MPC Gold, Avis preferred plus, MyWaitrose card
Interestingly I flew last week HKG-SIN, outbound in W (R fare bucket) on Tuesday morning and inbound in J (I fare bucket) on Wednesday night. The inbound business class flight credited the next day but the outbound premium economy still hasn't credited....

Looking at the previous posts, is it worth a call to BA yet or hang fire for another few days (the 25 missing TPs will net me Gold)??

EDIT: looking back all my CX flights from last 12 months have credited on (the next) either Mondays or Thursdays. So ordinarily would have expected the outbound to credit with the inbound... might give it til this Thursday and then call...
EDDLEGLL likes this.

Last edited by Firemin; Apr 22, 2024 at 2:18 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.