Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aspirational Properties?

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2024, 6:07 pm
Original Poster

Aspirational Properties?

I searched and could not find any threads on this,but I would be happy if someone just pointed me to one if it exists.

I am looking for aspirational properties. Places people REALLY want to stay. I have been in a lot of places at a lot of hotels and honestly I am running out of ideas for cool new places to take my daughter.

Where would you want to stay if you could? Why? I realize sometimes it is the resort itself that is the draw. I am looking to draw inspiration from those who have been to or aspire to a resort or area.
Old May 1, 2024, 6:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold | Marriott Bonvoy LTP
Everyone has different criteria for what they consider "aspirational". Here's a few threads, albeit dated somewhat. Or there's a luxury hotel thread somewhere on FT too.

Most Aspirational Award Properties
Most aspirational Ritz-Carlton/Marriott award properties in the world
Given the upcoming deval, what are some great properties to redeem at?
Old May 1, 2024, 8:36 pm

Programs: Marriott
I would give North Island a look, perhaps even consider a whole island rental for something really special. There are many ways to get to the Seychelles, you might be able to fly in first class on Etihad or Emirates by using points, but a better option would be to charter. Purchasing a Netjets share membership, perhaps by only purchasing a Citation Longitude, could get you better access to a Bombardier 7500. You'd also earn a ton of points that you could use for quick overnight stays at places like the Fairfield Inn or Courtyard by Marriott.

Here are some helpful links. This is where I'd start.

https://www.marriott.com/en-us/hotel...lles/overview/
https://www.netjets.com/en-us/bombardier-global-7500
Old May 1, 2024, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by JCT001 (Post # 2)
Everyone has different criteria for what they consider "aspirational". Here's a few threads, albeit dated somewhat. Or there's a luxury hotel thread somewhere on FT too. . . .
Actually, there is a whole FlyerTalk (FT) sub-forum on this subject.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxu...ls-travel-220/ (Luxury Hotels and Travel)

Obviously most not Marriott BONV°Y.
JCT001 likes this.
Old May 2, 2024, 2:09 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards
Aspirational = style over substance. Just my thought. I want a hotel with good amenities. Ice machines, ice buckets, working fridge, suites with two separate rooms. Probably because I have to look after a disabled husband, we don’t get to have dinner in the restaurant or use the bar. It’s just a case of making him comfortable.
SPN Lifer and yyzflyer like this.
Old May 2, 2024, 7:05 am
Original Poster

The responses are pretty funny. I wondered what would happen if I posted that here, and I was not disappointed.

Thank you JCT for the threads. I will look there. I knew there would be threads out here, but they generally do not pop up in google searches. FWIW when you google this stuff you get a bunch of fluff articles from paid people pushing whatever place it is that marriott wants us to visit. Strangely, the article always ends with how much better my life would be with the credit card they use.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 2, 2024, 8:45 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
Originally Posted by stuartpig
Aspirational = style over substance. Just my thought. I want a hotel with good amenities. Ice machines, ice buckets, working fridge, suites with two separate rooms.
Exactly. Aspirational means something different to everyone. I have been to many standard Westins, Sheratons and Marriotts that have treated me so well that I would return anytime given the opportunity. I keep a list, and none are resorts in obscure locations.
Old May 2, 2024, 8:56 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Most bloggers will say aspirational = hard-to-reach resort, likely on some sort of beach or on the side of a mountain. I like city hotels - give me more comfy Westin properties, please!
yyzflyer and SPN Lifer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.