Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

<1600usd ha j hnd-bos,jfk,lax,sfo,sea

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2024, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

Just found this while playing around. Hawaiian offering flights from HND to BOS and JFK for 1600USD one-way (~18cpm). Also works in the major west coast cities (~25cpm), but a much better deal to the east coast, of course. Sporadic dates for the next 3 months, most of the availability is in September. Asiana seems to be matching to the west coast cities as well.
Old Apr 23, 2024, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Yep, it's a good fare, but it has always been around One of the reasons why 2 one-ways to Japan right now are cheaper than a round-trip ex-Japan fares are MUCH lower. You can also get OZ via ICN for close to $2k to JFK
Old Apr 23, 2024, 6:17 pm

Programs: UA 1k
We did that last year coming from Japan for ca. US$1800. Overall a good experience and we also managed to get a one week stop over in Hawaii in. Added benefit for the flying nerds: HNL to BOS is the longest domestic flight in the US and the 3rd longest after Reunion to France (Paris or Marseille) .
jsloan and PLeblond like this.
Old Apr 23, 2024, 9:57 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Booked this FUK-BOS a while ago; it may also be available from KIX.
Old Apr 23, 2024, 11:42 pm

i might actually book this for myself
Given that im UK based what would be the best airline to credit this flight?
american and virgin are both an option correct?
Old Apr 24, 2024, 1:11 am

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
AA earning with HA is not great and Hawaii-Mainland flights earn nothing.
Palty likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 1:20 am

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott
Originally Posted by Palty
i might actually book this for myself
Given that im UK based what would be the best airline to credit this flight?
american and virgin are both an option correct?
Crediting to HA may not be a bad idea if you don’t need them immediately and you can take a bit of a risk. If the AS merger goes through then those miles will convert to AS miles which you can probably use for a short haul flight somewhere
Old Apr 24, 2024, 5:00 am

Programs: BA Gold
This appears to be cheaper as a return !

https://www.google.com/travel/flight...aWJrUBICCAAiAA
Old Apr 24, 2024, 12:10 pm

We did KIX to BOS round trip ~3000USD late last year with a short stopover in HNL. I initially planned to credit them to Virgin Atlantic, but the miles were not posted to VA for whatever reason. After seeing the news of the merge with Alaska, I decided to just bank the miles in HA (done through online chat) and hopefully they will be converted to AS miles in the near future.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.