Wiki Posts
Search

Gate Agent Phone Number Screen

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2024, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM; Hilton Diamond; Marriott LT Titanium; Long live SPG... f MAR
Gate Agent Phone Number Screen

This morning I was running late and missed my flight (was at the gate 12 minutes prior, but doors were closed). My mistake clearly. The gate agent then said "we were going to call you, but you don't have a phone number listed." She then showed me the screen and indeed, I had no contact information. This could have saved me because I was waiting for screening at TSA for an extra minute or two.

Does anyone know what populates this information for the gate agent? When I call into the Diamond line, it recognizes my number and links up to my account, but this must be something else.

Thanks!
Old Apr 24, 2024, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Were you on a personal booking, or an agency booking for work travel? I assume this info (phone number and email) is pulled from the Passenger Information details for each reservation which is available on website in following section (below) after clicking on "Passenger Information" link for a reservation. If you are on a corporate booking, it may not be populating it in the reservation.

Old Apr 24, 2024, 8:31 am

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by xliioper
Were you on a personal booking, or an agency booking for work travel? I assume this info (phone number and email) is pulled from the Passenger Information details for each reservation which is available on website in following section (below) after clicking on "Passenger Information" link for a reservation. If you are on a corporate booking, it may not be populating it in the reservation.

100% this - In my case, Egencia populates my contact details including work email address and phone #.

It can be different from my Delta contact details.
hoyt likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM; Hilton Diamond; Marriott LT Titanium; Long live SPG... f MAR
Originally Posted by xliioper

It was a corporate booking. I guess I need to call my work's booking agency to ask then?
Old Apr 24, 2024, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hoyt
It was a corporate booking. I guess I need to call my work's booking agency to ask then?
If they are able to populate it when booking, that would be ideal. However, if you can pull up your company reservations on delta.com, you should be able to change/populate the information yourself for each reservation.
hoyt and DiverDave like this.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
When you book a flight through your account on your own, it uses your number from your profile and populates this automatically so no issues there.

I've also found with corporate bookings, even though my company system has my phone number, it never actually puts it into my reservation... so after corporate books my ticket I go in to the itinerary and add my phone number to the contact info. Annoying since I have to remember to do this every time as they could never figure out why their Concur system doesn't fill in my phone number.
Spiff and hoyt like this.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 10:01 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hilton Diamond
Concur is easily the worst software I use on a regular basis and it's not close.
Daremo999 and hhdl like this.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 11:29 am

Programs: JB Mosaic 4, DL Diamond, Marriot Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by lindros2
100% this - In my case, Egencia populates my contact details including work email address and phone #.

It can be different from my Delta contact details.
So for those of us using Egencia, as long as I have fully filled out my profile Egencia, I don't need to do anything and this information will be passed on through DL correct?
Old Apr 24, 2024, 1:51 pm

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by renfield90
Concur is easily the worst software I use on a regular basis and it's not close.
Egencia/AMEX Global Business Travel via Expedia is the worst, most unethical company I've ever dealt with... but it is close.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Daremo999
So for those of us using Egencia, as long as I have fully filled out my profile Egencia, I don't need to do anything and this information will be passed on through DL correct?
I would recommend checking/verifying that your info did in fact get entered into tickets. Just because you have a completed profile in that other system doesn't mean it passes everything correctly over.
Daremo999 likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by Daremo999
Yes, unless they compromise your data or someone there deletes it, denies it, and their execs blame "IT".
Old Apr 24, 2024, 3:24 pm

I have had several calls from the gate close to T-15 but I’m always waiting right near the gate agents to board last in case YBYL can work in my favor as numbers 1-3 for 0 seats on the FC list.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 5:37 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by renfield90
You must not use delta.com

David
tardyturtle likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DiverDave
You must not use delta.com
Actually the Delta website is awesome compared to the IT mess on the Marriott site.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.