Wiki Posts
Search

GGL Technicalities

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2024, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Virgin Flying Club Red
GGL Technicalities

Strange situation to be in but I have one of my friends GGL partner cards (silver, clearly not his closest ). I know that normally there is no soft landing, but Im on track for 300tp this year, will I at least keep a lowly bronze?
Old Apr 27, 2024, 11:14 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by Speedbird841
Strange situation to be in but I have one of my friend’s GGL partner cards (silver, clearly not his closest ). I know that normally there is no soft landing, but I’m on track for 300tp this year, will I at least keep a lowly bronze?
Yes, if you have earned 300TPs and have the requisite number of BA flights (?2) then you will be Bronze.
TBH, I think it is possible that soft-landings do exist for partner cards, but no direct experience myself.
becks1 and RJD1983 like this.
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
there is a soft landing for partner cards. but yes if you get 300 tier points, and the 2 required eligible flights, you would be bronze once your silver card expires.
firstlight likes this.

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
There are mixed reports on soft landings on partner cards. But if you get enough points for Bronze anyway then youll get bronze obvs.
becks1 likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2024, 11:23 am

Programs: BAEC GGLfL
All the people to whom I have given partner cards have had soft landings. I can only speculate, but perhaps it it necessary to take the minimum qualifying BA flights to make that happen.
Bluekjp and crazy8534 like this.
Old Apr 27, 2024, 1:06 pm

Programs: BA Silver, VS Silver
A few years ago, Ive had both a soft landing from a GGL partner card and an unexpected extension as a Gold partner card due to BAs unexplained largesse.
Old Apr 27, 2024, 10:40 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
I know the OP is covered already, but I was under the impression that the soft landing only applies from Gold to Silver, and not Silver to Bronze?
Happy to be corrected if I am wrong
Old Apr 28, 2024, 12:08 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by SKT-DK
I know the OP is covered already, but I was under the impression that the soft landing only applies from Gold to Silver, and not Silver to Bronze?
Happy to be corrected if I am wrong
I have been up and down the charts over the years and always soft landed from Silver to Bronze. I assume also Bronze to Blue but I can’t recall because last time I was Blue was over twenty years ago (thank goodness).
SKT-DK and Koru Flyer like this.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 1:59 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by crazy8534
Yes, if you have earned 300TPs and have the requisite number of BA flights (?2) then you will be Bronze.
TBH, I think it is possible that soft-landings do exist for partner cards, but no direct experience myself.
Really soft landings exist, my gold partner card donee renewed to gold despite zero tier points zero avios but lots and lots of avios BA flights during the year. 'Thanks Dad' is what she said...
crazy8534 likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 3:38 am

Programs: BA GGL
My partner card nominees have mostly had soft landings. One exception, summer 2023 one gold card person unceremoniously demoted to blue.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 4:21 am

Programs: BAEC GGLfL
Originally Posted by Iamnotlost
My partner card nominees have mostly had soft landings. One exception, summer 2023 one gold card person unceremoniously demoted to blue.
Did s/he take any qualifying flights in the period?
Old Apr 29, 2024, 4:25 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
i have a feeling with partner cards which were extended over covid some did seem to hard land.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 4:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Virgin Flying Club Red
Sadly mine was extended over COVID, but I suppose with BA there’s only one way to see what happens

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.