Search

BA2707 28 Apr - no OLCI

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2024, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IB Plata, BA Silver, AZ Executive
BA2707 28 Apr - no OLCI

Hello,
I've been lurking around over the years, learnt a lot and managed to read many good tips about ex-EU, upgrades and finding the best fares but this is the first time I've got a genuine question.

I'm booked on BA2707 ACE -> LGW tomorrow Sun 28 Apr in Club Europe
At 20.05 today (10 minutes after online check in opened at 19.55) I tried to OLCI and got the message "We're unable to offer you online check-in. Please check in at the airport".
I'm a lowly Blue (this trip is a BA Holiday with car, combined with a few others I'll get back up to at least Silver shortly)
Will be travelling HBO. I didn't pre-pay for a seat.

I'm just a little worried I might get bumped,
I don't have Expertflyer, but tried to make a dummy booking for tomorrow and BA is selling Club Europe (C class) so it doesn't look overtly full.
(I learnt my homework after reading other similar posts here)

Anyone having the same problem? Or maybe it's just a BA IT glitch?

Thank you in advance

Last edited by tomdodo; Apr 27, 2024 at 1:20 pm Reason: Adding that I haven't paid for a seat.
Old Apr 27, 2024, 1:25 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Originally Posted by tomdodo
Hello,
I've been lurking around over the years, learnt a lot and managed to read many good tips about ex-EU, upgrades and finding the best fares but this is the first time I've got a genuine question.

I'm booked on BA2707 ACE -> LGW tomorrow Sun 28 Apr in Club Europe
At 20.05 today (10 minutes after online check in opened at 19.55) I tried to OLCI and got the message "We're unable to offer you online check-in. Please check in at the airport".
I'm a lowly Blue (this trip is a BA Holiday with car, combined with a few others I'll get back up to at least Silver shortly)
Will be travelling HBO. I didn't pre-pay for a seat.

I'm just a little worried I might get bumped,
I don't have Expertflyer, but tried to make a dummy booking for tomorrow and BA is selling Club Europe (C class) so it doesn't look overtly full.
(I learnt my homework after reading other similar posts here)

Anyone having the same problem? Or maybe it's just a BA IT glitch?

Thank you in advance
Four seats available in J, it's likely a document check or glitch. Incidentally it's not a dreadful idea to check in early as the lounge at ACE is surprisingly good but gets quite crowded. Happy travels.
Old Apr 27, 2024, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bisonrav
Four seats available in J, it's likely a document check or glitch. Incidentally it's not a dreadful idea to check in early as the lounge at ACE is surprisingly good but gets quite crowded. Happy travels.
Thank you. Yeah I've read every now and then people seem to be forced to check in at the airport so someone 'sees' the passport. Interesting because I got a similar thing at LGW on the way here last Sunday (online check in worked, but then I couldn't get a BP, not even at the self check-in kiosk at LGW and was told to go at a desk, where my passport was checked).

Thanks for the lounge tip!

I'll relax and enjoy my last day in this wonderful island then! Had a great time hiking, cycling and I'm definitely coming back!
Old Apr 27, 2024, 1:31 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the BA Forum.

It's not that unusual, and it may simply work in a few hours from now.

There is this thread which may help, but the one thing that is always worth checking is whether there is a ticket number on the BA App, when you go to the details panel, and it's a number usually beginning 125,

FAQ : Why can't I check in online? OLCI and boarding pass difficulties
lcylocal likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2024, 1:31 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
If they had bumped you you'd have another day there of course.
Old Apr 27, 2024, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
BA2707 ACE-LGW 28APR:
J4 C4 D4 R4 I0 Y7 B7 H7 K7 M6 L2 V0 N0 O0 Q0 S0 G0
Have a look at the OLCI difficulties thread:
​​​​​​FAQ : Why can't I check in online? OLCI and boarding pass difficulties
Old Apr 27, 2024, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

IME, trying OLCI from an outstation shortly after T-24 can generate this message. I assume there is some work going on in the background on the flight. Looking as those loads there certainly isn't a bumping risk, and with economy not that busy they could move the curtain too.
Old Apr 27, 2024, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Relax there is no problem.
flyingmonkie and SxMan like this.
Old Apr 27, 2024, 1:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold
As others have said, nothing to worry about. Relax and enjoy the flight.
Old Apr 27, 2024, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for the replies. I'm amazed at how people are quick to help and respond on here.

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the BA Forum.
one thing that is always worth checking is whether there is a ticket number on the BA App, when you go to the details panel, and it's a number usually beginning 125,
Thanks c-w-s! Yeah there is a 125- ticket number

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
IME, trying OLCI from an outstation shortly after T-24 can generate this message.
Thanks I'll keep the 'outstation' bit in mind next time before asking here too early

Originally Posted by flyingmonkie
As others have said, nothing to worry about. Relax and enjoy the flight.
I will! Thank you!
Swanhunter likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2024, 2:49 pm

Programs: Gold at BA, Hilton and Radisson.
Not sure if connected given the location, but coming back from Fuerteventura I could not check in online, and also feared something similar.

All was good at the airport, and a pretty decent lounge (albeit small!).
Old Apr 28, 2024, 11:08 am
Original Poster

As expected, I got checked in fine and casually mentioned to the friendly agent that OLCI didn't work for me. He positively confirmed (I bet they heard the same from others).
He mentioned something about "change of management company at the end of April" and systems not being integrated.

I just thought I'd report it back here as a data point.

Also, CE desk was already open when I got there 2h20min before departure.

Last edited by tomdodo; Apr 28, 2024 at 11:10 am Reason: Desk opening times

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.