Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Same amount of Avios for one or 2 people?

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2024, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Same amount of Avios for one or 2 people?

Just a question on earning Avios Points
If i book Glasgow to BKK I would earn 3385 for one person at a total cost of £775 with one leg Doh to Heathrow being Economy Premium and if i do the same search for 2 people at a cost of £1550, On the booking form it tells me that i will get the same amount of 3385 Avios Points

Looking at a Multi stop from Glasgow to BKK return in Economy and then BKK to Doha and then Doha to Glasgow with a 2 hour stop over in Doha, The cost comes down to £635 with a total Avios points of 2462 and it shows the same amount of points with my wife added . .

I understand that i will loose points with getting a cheaper fare using the multi stop , But why isn't BA Website showing double amount of miles adding my wife ?

I just wonder if it will correct itself and add both passengers points together at a later date ?

Last edited by golfmad; May 8, 2024 at 9:07 am Reason: Fixed for Dark Mode
Old May 5, 2024, 11:58 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
I think that's shown per person.
jerry a. laska likes this.
Old May 5, 2024, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by malct
Just a question on earning Avios Points
If i book Glasgow to BKK I would earn 3385 for one person at a total cost of £775 with one leg Doh to Heathrow being Economy Premium and if i do the same search for 2 people at a cost of £1550, On the booking form it tells me that i will get the same amount of 3385 Avios Points

Looking at a Multi stop from Glasgow to BKK return in Economy and then BKK to Doha and then Doha to Glasgow with a 2 hour stop over in Doha, The cost comes down to £635 with a total Avios points of 2462 and it shows the same amount of points with my wife added . .

I understand that i will loose points with getting a cheaper fare using the multi stop , But why isn't BA Website showing double amount of miles adding my wife ?

I just wonder if it will correct itself and add both passengers points together at a later date ?
Because you won’t earn any Avios for your wife’s ticket; she will earn those Avios.
DeathSlam, Lefly and etiene like this.

Last edited by golfmad; May 8, 2024 at 9:07 am Reason: Fixed for Dark Mode
Old May 5, 2024, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Thank you, I do have an Avios for my wife, I will check it out before booking

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.