Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CCR cabanas

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2024, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
CCR cabanas

Good news: ccr cabanas have reopened

bad news:

- they are only available to Prems and GGLfL, NOT for ggls or f pax, not even ggl flying f
- they can only be booked on the day
- max booking is 90 minutes

ccr staff think it’s crazy as they have been empty much of the week as they have so few eligible pax. I’ve been encouraged to complain and will, I suggest others follow suit - in my view those are stupid criteria
Old May 9, 2024, 12:01 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Wow, was expecting to read restricted to F Pax only but not GGLfL and Prem only!
I wouldn't really say they have re-opened then as I gather they were being used in that way already!

Tbh they should turn it up a notch and make it GGLfL/Prem in F only...
Old May 9, 2024, 12:14 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
This is definitely a change of tack. When the planning work was beginning I was told by someone senior with knowledge of the plan that the cabanas were to be for connecting passengers travelling in First as well as Prems and GGLfLs with long connections, bookable in advance (on line) for up to 4 hours occupation. When cabanas were not being used Prems and GGLfL would be able to use them on a walk-up, first come basis for up to 90 minutes.

I've certainly missed the cabanas when coming off early morning SIN/HKGs for taking a nap and a shower. Save for having a quick shower, having a cabana for 90 minutes certainly offers no useful utility for me.
Old May 9, 2024, 12:16 pm

Programs: BAEC
Have they refurbished them in any way or do they still look like a hospital waiting room?
NA-Flyer and nancypants like this.
Old May 9, 2024, 12:30 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
yes they have been refurbished and have new furniture. they even have playstations so hoping for a ccr tournament soon
Old May 9, 2024, 1:06 pm

As a GGL- totally agree with not letting all all GGL in. Mainly because you’d want to save it for your actual F pax.

I would genuinely love to see how some of these own-goal decisions are made. The mind boggles.
Old May 9, 2024, 1:11 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
I guess its easier to start like this and loosen the restrictions, than it would be to go the other way and take it away from people.

I'm feeling positive (or delusional :-) ) today
Old May 9, 2024, 1:23 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
They should be made available to F passengers as well, but in any case the 90 minutes is a bit too little.
Old May 9, 2024, 1:28 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by stewaran
I guess its easier to start like this and loosen the restrictions, than it would be to go the other way and take it away from people.

I'm feeling positive (or delusional :-) ) today
Yes, I mean to be fair this was pretty much exactly what happened with the T3 CCDR, albeit this is more restrictive.
Mercifully, nobody with a dramatic sense of irony thought of adding CK to the list of people who were allowed in
I guess they keep things under review whilst they judge the demand.
stewaran likes this.
Old May 9, 2024, 2:13 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Avis Preferred
im sure concierge key get access just kidding, but this is exactly the carrot i was looking for--a chance i could get a 90min window in a cabana really makes me want to hurry and get those last 55,000TP to hit GGLfL!
Old May 9, 2024, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
When the planning work was beginning I was told by someone senior with knowledge of the plan that the cabanas were to be for connecting passengers travelling in First as well as Prems and GGLfLs with long connections, bookable in advance (on line) for up to 4 hours occupation. When cabanas were not being used Prems and GGLfL would be able to use them on a walk-up, first come basis for up to 90 minutes.
This is a wholly sensible set of access criteria. What a shame they've done something far less logical.
Old May 9, 2024, 2:29 pm

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Good news: ccr cabanas have reopened

bad news:

- they are only available to Prems and GGLfL, NOT for ggls or f pax, not even ggl flying f
- they can only be booked on the day
- max booking is 90 minutes

ccr staff think it’s crazy as they have been empty much of the week as they have so few eligible pax. I’ve been encouraged to complain and will, I suggest others follow suit - in my view those are stupid criteria
Well that's a novel way to save on cleaning costs...
gustavmahler likes this.
Old May 9, 2024, 2:33 pm

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
This is a wholly sensible set of access criteria. What a shame they've done something far less logical.
Totally agree. They would offer a significant benefit to F pax coming off long flights. No wait for a shower and a quiet and private place for a kip. It must have been the original idea for the things. Wasn’t it the case when the CCR opened it really was just for F pax? Surely you’d want to offer the best you can to passengers in first class.
Old May 9, 2024, 2:45 pm

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by gustavmahler
Totally agree. They would offer a significant benefit to F pax coming off long flights. No wait for a shower and a quiet and private place for a kip. It must have been the original idea for the things. Wasn’t it the case when the CCR opened it really was just for F pax? Surely you’d want to offer the best you can to passengers in first class.
If they wanted that, F pax would be in group 0 for boarding

No, F pax should know their place. There's always another 'door'
gustavmahler and Lucanesque like this.
Old May 9, 2024, 3:54 pm

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
So in 6 months time, we will see an announcement that the Cabana's are permanently closed due to lack of demand.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.