Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad London St. James {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2021, 5:17 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Currently staying here for a week with the missus. Booked a standard room, got upgraded to an executive room on the 4th floor. The room is very nice and spacious. Definitely on the large side of European hotel rooms. The lounge is nice although the canapes are a bit uninspiring, but the staff is great at keeping us fed though. Breakfast choice is decent, typical English buffett but the service has been a .... show every day so far Either the staff is really slow or they are way understaffed. Getting a coffee and toast is a 15 minute wait and actually getting service requires constant arm waving. Pretty much every table had the same problems with people complaining and asking for the manager.
The concierge has been great throughout. Would I stay here again? Yeah, probably. The location is unbeatable and it has everything a hotel needs, but I've definitely stayed at better Conrads or even Hilton branded hotels. Now I only need to get someone to find me a stuffed toy, they seem to be out.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 5:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Disappointing to hear they still don't have any bulldogs, they didn't have any in July 2020 (understandable), but I'd have expected them to have them by now!
Old Oct 14, 2021, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi

There were no bulldogs when I was there in July.

Sounds like the lounge offerings in the evenings have not improved ( I had 3 small canapes then a small cheese plate and small meat plate with a bowl of crisps and savoury corn flavoured snacks.

Did not have an issue with breakfast.

Regards

Tbs
mrgoodkat likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 8:40 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Sounds like the lounge offerings in the evenings have not improved ( I had 3 small canapes then a small cheese plate and small meat plate with a bowl of crisps and savoury corn flavoured snacks.
Spot on, 3 canapes plus a cheese and sausage plate
Old Oct 16, 2021, 7:30 am

Programs: HH - Diamond BA - Blue
Originally Posted by mrgoodkat
Currently staying here for a week with the missus. Booked a standard room, got upgraded to an executive room on the 4th floor. The room is very nice and spacious. Definitely on the large side of European hotel rooms. The lounge is nice although the canapes are a bit uninspiring, but the staff is great at keeping us fed though. Breakfast choice is decent, typical English buffett but the service has been a .... show every day so far Either the staff is really slow or they are way understaffed. Getting a coffee and toast is a 15 minute wait and actually getting service requires constant arm waving. Pretty much every table had the same problems with people complaining and asking for the manager.
The concierge has been great throughout. Would I stay here again? Yeah, probably. The location is unbeatable and it has everything a hotel needs, but I've definitely stayed at better Conrads or even Hilton branded hotels. Now I only need to get someone to find me a stuffed toy, they seem to be out.
I stayed at the end of September for 2 nights, the breakfast service was exactly the same. Took so long to get a tea that by the time it appeared, they started closing the buffet!

No bulldog toy for me either
wizla and mrgoodkat like this.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 12:18 pm

Programs: BA GLD for LIfe, AA PLT 2 MM miler, B6 Mosaic, Star GLD; HH Diamond; Marriott PLT, IHG Plat
Pre-Pandemic, I stayed there many times on business (some years monthly). Great free breakfast (and if I came with my wife and we invited a couple, four free breakfasts. The lounge was pretty good. Service pretty good: I would leave suits and shirts there and have them cleaned for my return visit.

I have never heard of Impresario. Is it a good deal given that I am a Diamond? For the period in January when I will be there, the flexible rate is 288 GBP and the AAA rate is 230 GBP. Price differential 58 GBP per night. Would booking through an Impresario agent make sense if there is a $100 credit and 58 GBP price differential if I were staying for more than one night? And, if I was only staying one night, would I be able to use the $100 credit?

What is the 3-4-2 program? I assume this is three nights for the price of two and that there is also a four nights for the price of three (would this be 4-4-3?). How would we book those rates? Through the Impresario agent or online?

Thanks for your help. Looking forward to being back in the saddle (I've only been traveling for pleasure/family obligation until now).

Last edited by shawbridge; Nov 12, 2021 at 1:50 pm Reason: Fixing mistake
Old Dec 18, 2021, 3:12 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
A good friend of Botb and myself is currently staying here, he reports that Diamond members are now charged for items off the breakfast menu ( omelettes, pancakes, etc. )
Old Dec 18, 2021, 3:54 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by wizla
A good friend of Botb and myself is currently staying here, he reports that Diamond members are now charged for items off the breakfast menu ( omelettes, pancakes, etc. )
Old Dec 18, 2021, 6:01 am

Programs: BAEC silver, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Yes I noticed this (although was a lowly gold at the time). I felt breakfast in general was quite disappointing
hugolover likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 10:01 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/FB/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Dear Co-Hiltoners,

The travel addiction in our family has increased due to all restrictions, but this family of two is planning to see ABBA in London in July 2022. So far we plan to splurge - solely within Hilton chain - and were thinking of reserving 4 nights Thu-Tue from Conrad London. The cost of the Conrad Suite would be total of £6648.10 for that. The view there is no good but the location is ok'ish. Any better alternatives? Another aim is to achieve the Diamond points needed for 2023 just by one stay... My work nowadays allows only a minimum amount about fooling around, I have to be efficient, and no work related travel as it used to be.

We would also appreciate any insights on how the UK Covid-restrictions would affect the travel next summer.

With Best Wishes, TTL

Last edited by TTL; Jan 8, 2022 at 10:13 am
Old Jan 8, 2022, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by TTL
Dear Co-Hiltoners,

The travel addiction in our family has increased due to all restrictions, but this family of two is planning to see ABBA in London in July 2022. So far we plan to splurge - solely within Hilton chain - and were thinking of reserving 4 nights Thu-Tue from Conrad London. The cost of the Conrad Suite would be total of £6648.10 for that. The view there is no good but the location is ok'ish. Any better alternatives? Another aim is to achieve the Diamond points needed for 2023 just by one stay... My work nowadays allows only a minimum amount about fooling around, I have to be efficient, and no work related travel as it used to be.

We would also appreciate any insights on how the UK Covid-restrictions would affect the travel next summer.

With Best Wishes, TTL
I think at that price point I’d rather a stay at the Biltmore, a better neighbourhood, better interior and better suites IMO. If you’re looking to be super close to the venue then the new Gantry is perfectly placed, but not an luxe experience.
TTL likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 1:01 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by TTL
Dear Co-Hiltoners,

With Best Wishes, TTL
Interesting trip
I spent years staying at the Conrad London and right from the moment it opened
as the InterContinental originally
Like the hotel but spent years dealing with a fairly tight fisted upgrading process
and over the years built a relationship
On some occasions was well taken care of.Always felt the upsell pressure thought it got better a bit when the Hilton brand took over

On a gamble I tried the Hilton Bankside and vastly preferred the entire experience
On the surface the Conrad seems a bit more elegant and the TVs really cool built into the mirrors in select rooms and suites.
The breakfast too quite good by London standards
Having said all that after a number of stays prior to COVID I never returned to the Conrad
The Food and beverage offerings @ Bankside were superior in the restaurant and in their lounge.
The whole feeling was more welcoming and hospitable as well as generous
They took guest recognition seriously and not try and short change guests offering true best avail rooms and suites to Diamonds
The GM and the entire team showed an interest in guests right down to the doorman offering beverages coffee tea and water as we waited for our driver
Best of all the rates were typically less and views more interesting.

If upgrades and costs are no concerns aren’t a priority The Conrad remains a good choice however even in some of the Luxury suites I have stayed in have street noise issues.Never faced that at the Bankside and I personally like the hard product better despite the slightly more upscale feeling of the Conrad.As for traveling during COVID nobody has the Crystal Ball and looking forward I suggest keep monitoring the situation as anything can happen good or bad by this summer and simply be prepared for their worst and hope for the best
Say hi to Abba for us 😜
TTL likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 3:18 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by TTL
Dear Co-Hiltoners,

With Best Wishes, TTL
I took the Agnetha from ABBA our for dinner once. I bumped into her again last week and asked if she enjoyed it and would she like to go for dinner again. She said...
“There's no regret If I had to do the same again I would, my friend, For a Nandos.”
Old Jan 9, 2022, 9:32 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/FB/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Originally Posted by residentx
I think at that price point I’d rather a stay at the Biltmore, a better neighbourhood, better interior and better suites IMO. If you’re looking to be super close to the venue then the new Gantry is perfectly placed, but not an luxe experience.
Thanks for this advice! I will seriously consider. I wonder, if there is a thread on the venue.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 3:23 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by TTL
The travel addiction in our family has increased due to all restrictions, but this family of two is planning to see ABBA in London in July 2022.
I was given a free pair of tickets to the first ABBA night by dint of working for the NHS. Whether I can use them or not is dependent on the evolution of the pandemic, but the current signs are getting more positive. I booked Canary Wharf Hilton due to a combination of location to the venue, access to public transport and a reasonable level of comfort and services. Bankside is also relatively well placed for the venue too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.