Top 3 SPG Club Lounges Worldwide

Old Mar 17, 2018, 1:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Top 3 SPG Club Lounges Worldwide

1. Grosvenor House - Dubai ..... you could have all your meals here, tremendous variety and a very luxurious lounge as well. Separate child side as well to keep noise down. Good selection of alcohol in the evening for happy hour.

2. The Westin Beijing Chaoyang - Beijing...... maybe the best.... hard to differentiate from Grosvenor, but this has a modern feel and the staff is constantly taking away plates, asking if they can help. Breakfast was certainly more than I could have ever wanted.

3. Sheraton Waikiki - Alot of traffic, but they handle it well. Less crowded than the restaurant for breakfast and they have a nice happy hour which I think is 4 hours long.

I have only been to probably 100 SPG hotels and of those maybe 40 had lounges. So what is your top 3?
unclepants likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 2:46 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Oooh, great thread! Here’s my input:

1. Grosvenor House Dubai: Level 5 is truly amazing - vast, separate sections eating, meeting and kids as well as a dedicated bar and outdoor terraces - plus a full breakfast spread with egg station until 12 PM, full lunch buffet between 1 and 4:30 PM and happy hour from 6 to 8 PM with sparkling wine, theee types of red/white wine and bartenders willing to make you any cocktail you want even when they’re not on their menu.
2. Le Royal Mridien Shanghai: beautiful, airy space with five open floors above, photo-worthy mesmerizing views of the Bund skyline and a full spread of food all day with super high-quality offerings and a comprehensive happy hour to boot. Staff were very friendly and proactive.
3. The Westin Doha: this lounge is in my top 3 by virtue of its very delicious food and emphasis on healthy choices, with lots of salads and grilled meats/salmon, plus the big empty terrace outside is good for stretching your legs. Only caveat is that they guard the alcohol at happy hour with their lives and insist on preparing and serving drinks by the staff only [despite the booze sitting out] lest you be berated for self-serving.

khabah
flockavelliFT likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 2:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Certainly none I've ever been to in SPG Korea or Japan.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
SPG? Interesting, I know there SHOULD be some outstanding lounges, but I can't think of any. All I can recall are some mediocre and above-average ones where I may have scraped together a meal and a glass of wine...

When I want a really good lounge I stay at a Hyatt or maybe a Conrad...
Old Mar 17, 2018, 3:22 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
SPG? Interesting, I know there SHOULD be some outstanding lounges, but I can't think of any. All I can recall are some mediocre and above-average ones where I may have scraped together a meal and a glass of wine...

When I want a really good lounge I stay at a Hyatt or maybe a Conrad...
My thoughts exactly. Grand Club Hong Kong​​​​​​​ anyone?

The club lounge at Prince Gallery Kioicho Tokyo gets my honorable mention though. Great ambiance, furniture, view and selection of beverages (both non-alcoholic and alcoholic). Food during cocktail hours are strictly bite-sized and cold appetizers however.

Other than this, cant think of any other lounges Ive visited to put in my top 3.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 4:10 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Pwesonal favorite is the le Meridien in Kuala Lumpur.
llandaff likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 4:12 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
2 to recommend

1. Le Meridien Saigon;
2. Sheraton Warsaw.
NB We should also include Marriott.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 4:45 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by Central90210
My thoughts exactly. Grand Club Hong Kong anyone?
Where does this irrational love for Hyatt lounges come from? I keep reading accolades on FT, but IMO, Hyatt has very few outstanding lounges. And as it happens, GH HK is kinda meh. If any chain has above average lounges (that are accessible to elites), I'd have to go with IC. IC HK vs GH or Conrad, for instance, is night and day.

Originally Posted by shevboyz
Pwesonal favorite is the le Meridien in Kuala Lumpur.
Agreed on LM KL, probably the best in the system, and especially good given the price point. I would currently add the lounge replacement benefit at Sheraton Macau; its generally a pretty lame hotel, but while the lounge is closed, Plats get full restaurant breakfast plus dinner at the seafood buffet or hotpot place (which also has a bar with top shelf liquor).
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Da Amb, Hyatt Glob
I would add Sheraton Grand Salzburg to the list. Breakfast, lunch and dinner served!

If you’re going to mention Sheraton Waikiki, then Moana Surfrider is comparable. I love both lounges and they have excellent offerings, but only by North American standards.

Agree wholeheartedly with Grosvenor House, LM KL and LM Shanghai.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 6:32 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Central90210

The club lounge at Prince Gallery Kioicho Tokyo gets my honorable mention though. Great ambiance, furniture, view and selection of beverages (both non-alcoholic and alcoholic). Food during cocktail hours are strictly bite-sized and cold appetizers however.

This is probably my favourite, but it's not going to impress anyone looking for either a huge variety of food options or as somewhere to spend substantial amounts of time. I prefer to use hotel club lounges as somewhere for pre-dinner drinks (my main requirement is decent champagne!) and possibly an afternoon snack, so it fits the bill perfectly for me. I would personally rather have a quiet lounge with a few very high quality offerings than a huge, busy mini-hotel in a hotel, but purely personal preference.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 8:44 am

Programs: Marriott Plat Amb, oneworld Ruby
Another vote for Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur. It also has an amazing 33rd floor view of the Lake Gardens and the road spaghetti, which makes you feel like you are floating above all the worries of the world. I find it a great place to unwind and also host clients for a leisurely afternoon coffee.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 10:10 am

Programs: EX-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Etage 7 at the Sheraton Grand Salzburg was and is the best starwood lounge in Europe.
GoldenItalianBoy likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by HollyGlen
Another vote for Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur. It also has an amazing 33rd floor view of the Lake Gardens and the road spaghetti, which makes you feel like you are floating above all the worries of the world. I find it a great place to unwind and also host clients for a leisurely afternoon coffee.
No vote from me - nothing wrong with the lounge, but definitely not top-3 league.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 10:33 am

Sheraton Saigon is up with the best of them.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 12:34 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Not sure if it meets the technical Club definition but we loved the daily afternoon Champagne Delight at the Suiran in Kyoto at Saryo Hassui their wonderful riverside cafe overlooking the Hozu River. Platinum members are served complimentary champagne wine and snacks for two hours daily (good champagne-Henriot Brut Souverain from Reims!)

Outdoor seats overlooking the Hozu River

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.