Lifetime Gold or Gold Guest List

Old Mar 17, 2018, 2:46 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, SQ TPP, QF GO LIFE, OZ*G LIFE, Marriott TIT LIFE, WOH GLOBALIST LIFE, HH DM, BA GO LIFE
Lifetime Gold or Gold Guest List

I am 140 tier points to attaining Lifetime Gold and with a run rate of around 1,000 tier points per month, I have a decision to make, whether to go for Lifetime Gold Guest List or to draw the line in stand with Lifetime Gold and go easy with BAEC FFP?

If I have to go with Lifetime Gold Guest List, then it would take me another 65 months (5 years and 5 months) - that's a lot of flying and I am getting sick of it.

Advise please!
Old Mar 17, 2018, 2:49 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by 380Flyer
I am 140 tier points to attaining Lifetime Gold and with a run rate of around 1,000 tier points per month, I have a decision to make, whether to go for Lifetime Gold Guest List or to draw the line in stand with Lifetime Gold and go easy with BAEC FFP?

If I have to go with Lifetime Gold Guest List, then it would take me another 65 months (5 years and 5 months) - that's a lot of flying and I am getting sick of it.

Advise please!
Wow - what's a typical month's flying for you?
Old Mar 17, 2018, 2:54 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, BAEC Gold

Advise please!
If you're going out of way and flying purely for Tier Points then it's not really worth chasing after 65,000 of them. I'd probably say you'd get more out of getting lifetime status with another airline, because once your business trips stop further down the line, how much benefit will you get from GGL above Gold? As opposed to having G4L and another lifetime status with an airline in another alliance.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 3:40 pm

Programs: BA Silver
1,000 a month
Old Mar 17, 2018, 3:50 pm

If you're flying that month, why not aim for HON with the LH Group? The FCT at FRA and the lounges at ZRH and MUC are in a different league to anything BA has to offer.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 4:07 pm

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
1000 a month is not that much..

A corporate I did some work for a few years ago had a chairman who would fly home every weekend... to New York... in BA F

So he was earning 1680 a month just on that basis...!!!
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 4:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
I'm sorry, it is "that much" by any reasonable standard - I'd guess it'd be in the top 20% of GGL/CCR, which would make it 140/7,000,000 people or the top 0.002% of programme members.

That said, it isn't necessarily that punishing - it's equivalent to 3 J long hauls with a connection, six LHR-HELs or 2 QR returns.

I think it depends on travel patterns but with that much flying, LT gold status on Asiana for *A would only be a year away.
710 77345 likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 4:22 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CR
Unless you are a massive Tier Point runner, I dont think you can just chase GGFL, different of course if you naturally accrue those TPS as part of your job/genuine leisure travel.

Im about to hit GFL (literally a few hundred away) but in my mid forties, with a young family, Im genuinely happy that I travel less - Ive just hired someone to look after the Asia offices that previously gave me 3 -4 K TPS a year, so I will be fine on the 3500 a year to give me all the benefits that I need (GGL plus GUF x4).

With First Wing, I dont particularly need the CCR any more for my CE flights, as my North American flights are in F so I can use the CCR room in JFK, which is a nice to have.

Id expect to be working at level of intensity for the next 5 years or so, and then turn down the throttle. Perhaps then I may become a TP runner. I guess its just up to your personal circumstances.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 5:21 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Spreading across alliances tends to be more beneficial than sticking to one alliance.
hugolover and lsquare like this.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 5:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver (but only temporarily) AVIS Presidents Club, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Fitch
1000 a month is not that much..

A corporate I did some work for a few years ago had a chairman who would fly home every weekend... to New York... in BA F

So he was earning 1680 a month just on that basis...!!!
A global energy company I worked with 10 years ago had a VP do LHR-IAD each week in J on AA. 280 TP's a trip. Love to know what he did with Amenity kits!!
Old Mar 17, 2018, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by Mountlodge
A global energy company I worked with 10 years ago had a VP do LHR-IAD each week in J on AA. 280 TP's a trip. Love to know what he did with Amenity kits!!
probably left them on the plane :P
LTN Phobia and Cymro like this.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 8:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
12,000 TPs per year, and you manage also to maintain both Cathay Diamond and Singapore Airlines Solitaire status?! Wow, you must spend as much time in airline beds as you spend in your own. Unless your current flying patterns are subject to change, I'd certainly be pushing on for LTGGL if I was in your shoes. But only doing so by being especially strategic with your day-to-day itineraries rather than through TP running, and I'd also no longer credit any flights to CX's FF scheme when these can be credited to the BAEC. More importantly than anything, however, I'd also be making sure to take regular checkups with a health care professional!
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 1:56 am

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy
12,000 TPs per year, and you manage also to maintain both Cathay Diamond and Singapore Airlines Solitaire status?! Wow, you must spend as much time in airline beds as you spend in your own. Unless your current flying patterns are subject to change, I'd certainly be pushing on for LTGGL if I was in your shoes. But only doing so by being especially strategic with your day-to-day itineraries rather than through TP running, and I'd also no longer credit any flights to CX's FF scheme when these can be credited to the BAEC. More importantly than anything, however, I'd also be making sure to take regular checkups with a health care professional!
This:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...ogramme-6.html
See post #83 .

And this
Since you have already achieved 20,000 TP which is 57% of the way to LTG, then why not aim high and go for the LTG level.
It's all possible if you have your heart into it.

I have done 18,000 TP in 9 months and will be LTG in 2 weeks time for which I am short of 200 TP.

Aim high and you will get there!
On another note, OP stated need 8-10 years to achieve Hyatt lifetime diamond in Dec 2013. 6 months later, only 342 nights left to hit Hyatt lifetime diamond in Jun 2014, then he made his Hyatt lifetime diamond and hit 1 mil point it in Sept 2015, yet 9 months later, he already made 2.37 life time point on Hyatt, I guess mostly from to spa and F&B, as he said.

I think Hyatt has a fair requirements for its Lifetime Diamond qualification and if you want it, then you have to earn it based on their criteria.

I am Lifetime SPG Platinum and Marriott Platinum and around half way through to earning my Lifetime Hyatt Diamond so this will happen eventually over the next 8-10 years for which I am comfortable in achieving this.

I find way too many people whining about the qualification criteria for Hyatt's Lifetime requirements. It's like those that want to get upgraded to Business or First Class all the time without paying for it. It's simple, if you want it, then pay for it. The same rule applies to Lifetime Diamond with Hyatt. Want it, then qualify for it by spending USD 200,000.

Happy 2014 everyone!
As I have Lifetime Platinum with Starwood and Marriott, my objective is to obtain Lifetime Diamond at Hyatt for which I have another 342 nights at a rate of USD 250 per night (good average room rate benchmark) to reach my goal.

I am hoping to bring this to 300 nights to go by end of this year.

I am slowing getting to my goal for which I am estimating it should take around 4-5 years to complete.

Every dollar spent either by staying, dining or indulging in spa therapy counts towards the 1 million base points to achieve the Hyatt Gold Passport Lifetime Diamond.
I've just hit over 1,000,000 base points yesterday.
Does anyone know if the account reflects Lifetime Diamond status on the website and mobile app?

How long does it take for the system to update the status from Diamond to Lifetime Diamond?
​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​
Here are my details:

Current Points: 1,957,549
Lifetime Points Earned: 2,370,149
Tier: Diamond Member
Tier Expiration: Lifetime
​​​​​​​Not sure why OP need advise..... But with this amazing rate and success story, OP can achieve anything he wants.
Gino Troian and Singapore_Air like this.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 3:34 am

Advise please!
I'm curious to why you want to achieve LT GGL? You seem to fly a LOT (18K TP's in 9 month as stated in another thread) and the TP's should come in naturally, unless you're purely a mileage runner, which I would say LTG is good enough and you should go for another airline MM program.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 3:46 am

Programs: BA LtG, Flying Blue Plat
Its totally up to you! When I hit LTG first of all I didnt actually notice, because I wasnt really keeping score... but I fly for convenience not to chase miles.

Id definitely suggest trying out other airlines or programs - AA EXP has been very kind to me, and a useful thing to have in your back pocket come trouble in the US if you want to be affiliated with OW.
Ancient Observer likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.