Community
Wiki Posts
Search

British Airways <> American Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2024, 2:08 am
Original Poster

British Airways <> American Airlines

Hey there! I recently booked a set of flights on AA that (as per the tier points calculator on BA) give me 680 points which is what I need to hit GGL. However, when I try to add the PNR of these AA flights to BAEC, it tells me "Sorry, we are unable to find your booking." How do I add these flights to BAEC? How can I make sure I get the tier points on my BAEC for my AA flights?

Note - I had added my BAEC number to the AA flights when booking.

Thanks!!!
Old Apr 19, 2024, 2:14 am

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by ag92
Hey there! I recently booked a set of flights on AA that (as per the tier points calculator on BA) give me 680 points which is what I need to hit GGL. However, when I try to add the PNR of these AA flights to BAEC, it tells me "Sorry, we are unable to find your booking." How do I add these flights to BAEC? How can I make sure I get the tier points on my BAEC for my AA flights?

Thanks!!!
The BA PNR will be different than the AA PNR. In my experience they should appear in your BA my bookings automatically if your BAEC is used when you book them – have you checked your 'My Bookings' on ba.com? If not, then you need to look at the itinerary on aa.com where it will show you the BA PNR(s) for your BA flights. If your BA flights are separated by multiple AA flights then you may find you have more than one BA PNR (the BA PNRs usually show the flight before your BA flight and the next BA flights only).
Old Apr 19, 2024, 2:14 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond

Thanks!!!

are any flights on BA metal? if so, when you view your booking on aa.com it will give you the separate/different BA PNR

however if they are solely on AA metal, there is nothing to "add" to BAEC. it will not, in my experience, display a solely operated AA itin.

if your BAEC number is on your AA booking then you will get credit for the flights, often within 24hrs of the flight--much faster than if on BA.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 2:15 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
If the booking is purely on SABRE then the BA App, which is fed by Amadeus, is not going to show an AA flight which doesn't touch an Amadeus airline. So depending on the route and airlines, it is quite normal for the BA app not to show AA services. However AA is generally reliable in terms of crediting to BA, sometimes a bit of a delay on Sundays, but you need have no concerns, and just use the AA app instead. If there is a BA component to the trip then you just need the Amadeus PNR, not the SABRE one, and it should be possible to add that to your list of flights.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 2:24 am
Original Poster

There is no BA component to the trip - all internal US and all AA. Ok then I guess I will wait for the flight to finish and then get the tier points in my account. Assuming they get credited for each flight right after each flight?
Old Apr 19, 2024, 2:28 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star

Thanks!!!
you need to add your BA exec number to the booking, it is unlikely the booking will appear on your BAEC account, especially if no BA flights on the booking.

As long as your BAEC number is in the booking the flights should credit after they

flights should credit within about a week of when you fly (AA is usually a day or two after the flight)

If they have not appeared after a week, you can raise a claim
Old Apr 19, 2024, 3:01 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
generally, AA flights will post within 24hrs of when your flight lands so yes if you land saturday you should see points sunday. now, this is how it has been working for the past few weeks/months. there can be times where something is broken (mostly on the BA side) where you might need to claim back 10 days after but this is less than 1% in my experience. just be sure to keep a hold of your boarding pass until things post or if using boarding pass on your phone, do not delete those until points have posted.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 9:49 am

Programs: BA Gold4life, ICH RA, Hyatt Gold and others
Yes hoping not to confuse matters BUT you should have used your BAEC FF number in the AA booking, so the flights you take on AA can be associated with your BAEC accounts to then credit. Check you have entered this. If you have AAdvantage also and have used that as your FF programme on the booking the flights will post to AAdvantage and NOT BAEC

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.