Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Dropping the last leg after flight cancelled

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2024, 3:00 am
PxC
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond

The inbound for the flights is LAX-JFK-LHR-MAD in June.
The LHR-MAD BA flight has been cancelled and has been changed to an Iberia flight at pretty much the same time from a different terminal. Would BA allow the last leg to by removed, given this? Failing that, what would the circumstances be? I assume a certain amount of hours changed? Thanks
Old Apr 19, 2024, 3:06 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
A significant delay from BA's point of view is 3 or 4 hours or so (can't remember which) so this would not fall under that policy. The terminal change isn't a big deal at Madrid, presumably this is T4S to T4. I think you'd struggle to get the last leg removed if you called in, though you might find the disruption management screen allows you to switch it to the next day which would mean your bags would be short checked (assuming that's what you want to happen).
Old Apr 19, 2024, 3:08 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
the ba flight was cancelled so yes refund is one option. the fact the replacement offered is at the same time doesn't change that.
PxC, orbitmic, Lefly and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 3:15 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
A BA agent should be fine just to drop the last leg and you can apply for an involuntary refund no issue. Just have a think whether a rebooked LHR-MAD could be useful on another date for another set of flights, it may be a cost effective use of that coupon.
KARFA, PxC, orbitmic and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 3:17 am
PxC
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KARFA
the ba flight was cancelled so yes refund is one option. the fact the replacement offered is at the same time doesn't change that.
Do you mean refund (and thus cancellation) of the whole fare, or just the final leg? I assume it would then be removed.

This is my mothers booking, and she won't have checked bags, and I am sure she will have no problem getting lost in between terminals and missing her flight regardless.

She has just informed me she booked this on AA, so apologies if this has misled things. Any ideas if the same rules would apply? Thanks
Old Apr 19, 2024, 3:21 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by PxC
Do you mean refund (and thus cancellation) of the whole fare, or just the final leg? I assume it would then be removed.

This is my mothers booking, and she won't have checked bags, and I am sure she will have no problem getting lost in between terminals and missing her flight regardless.

She has just informed me she booked this on AA, so apologies. Any ideas if the same rules would apply? Thanks
Do you want money back? If not and she doesn't have checked bags, then 'oops, something came up and she had to stay in London for a few days, never mind eh?'
Old Apr 19, 2024, 3:29 am
PxC
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LimitingFactor
Do you want money back? If not and she doesn't have checked bags, then 'oops, something came up and she had to stay in London for a few days, never mind eh?'
Money back would be nice. Would be anything significant though? Round trip was £1300 approx (J) exBUD. I'm a little concerned AA might screw it up and cancel more than they should.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 3:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, Amex UK Plat
Originally Posted by PxC
Money back would be nice. Would be anything significant though? Round trip was £1300 approx (J) exBUD. I'm a little concerned AA might screw it up and cancel more than they should.
If the ticket was bought from (and therefore ticketed by) AA, it's AA policies that apply and you would have to contact them to make any changes. BA will not get involved. I also suspect that what you'd get back in refund would be very small.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by PxC
I would be surprised if you got more than £60 back for the LHR-MAD flight.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 4:06 am

My upcoming MAD flights are all T5 to T4S regardless of being IB or BA. I haven't landed into MAD T4 from the UK since before the pandemic
Old Apr 19, 2024, 4:17 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by PxC
...The LHR-MAD BA flight has been cancelled and has been changed to an Iberia flight at pretty much the same time from a different terminal.
Originally Posted by tom188
My upcoming MAD flights are all T5 to T4S regardless of being IB or BA. I haven't landed into MAD T4 from the UK since before the pandemic
I think all the BA and IB LHR-MAD flights now depart from T5 so I'm unsure what the terminal change referred to by the OP is? IB moved back to T5 in June 2023.
ajeleonard, Lefly and chacor like this.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 9:18 am
PxC
Original Poster

Originally Posted by volar
I think all the BA and IB LHR-MAD flights now depart from T5 so I'm unsure what the terminal change referred to by the OP is? IB moved back to T5 in June 2023.
Mr error indeed, T4 was referring to the arrival terminal in Madrid.
volar likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 9:22 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Originally Posted by PxC
Mr error indeed, T4 was referring to the arrival terminal in Madrid.
I think all Madrid non-Schengen flights use T4S now, including IB to London. So nothing has really changed. It's a relatively easy transfer too.
KARFA and DiamondMile like this.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 9:40 am

yes so it used to be that the narrowbody IB flights used the gates in the small non-schengen area at the south end of T4 - the widebodies always used T4S. That seems to have changed in the last few years and all IB flights now use T4S gates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.