Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AFS refuel strike [BA does not use AFS]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2024, 10:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: VS Silver; Matmid Silver, BA Bronze; Accor Plat.
AFS refuel strike [BA does not use AFS]

This has been announced for the upcoming BH, will it affect BA?
Old Apr 22, 2024, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No impact on BA
davidcamp6 and Dan72 like this.
Old Apr 22, 2024, 11:22 am

Programs: BA Avios
I saw the same info re: refuelers strike at LHR beginning May 4th and we are scheduled to arrive May 4th in early AM and connecting to another BA flight to CDG later that same day.

I am concerned with the announcement and am a little confused by "Swanhunter" comment saying it won't impact BA? I certainly hope Swanhunter is correct but why wouldn't it affect BA because I was trying to consider options for us to get to Paris later that day...what is it I don't understand about the announcement?

Again, I am hoping Swanhunter has the accurate understanding about the announcement and the impact on BA.

Thank you to anyone who can clarify and relieve the concern I current am experiencing.
Old Apr 22, 2024, 11:27 am

Programs: IB+ Oro (OWS) / FB / SQ
The full list of airlines affected is: AIR CANADA, AMERICAN AIRLINES, UNITED AIRLINES, DELTA, VIRGIN ATLANTIC, JAPAN AIRLINES, EMIRATES, QANTAS, ELAL, SINGAPORE AIRLINES, KOREAN AIRLINES, AIR FRANCE, KLM, ETHIOPIAN AIRLINES, JET BLUE, LOT (POLISH), ROYAL AIR MAROC, MIDDLE EAST AIRLINES, SAS (SCANDINAVIAN), TAP AIR PORTUGAL, MALTA AIRLINES, DHL, AERO MEXICO, LATAM AIRLINES, AIR INDIA, LOGAN AIR, BULGARIAN, AIRLINES, UZBEKISTAN, CHINA AIRLINES, AIR MAURITIUS, TURKMENISTAN, AVIANCA, ASIANA, SAUDI, TIANJIN AIRLINES, BEIJING CAPITAL AND RWANDA AIR.
https://www.unitetheunion.org/news-e...workers-strike

No mention of BA.
davidcamp6 likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2024, 11:29 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
AFS don't refuel BA aircraft. BA is refueled by Menzies.
davidcamp6 likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2024, 11:31 am

Question Refuelers Strike announcement for LHR

I saw the info re: refuelers strike at LHR beginning May 4th and we are scheduled to arrive May 4th in early AM and connecting to another BA flight to CDG later that same day.

Does anyone have any insight on the likelihood of the strike occurring and the impact at LHR for incoming and outbound BA flights? The reason I ask is so I can look at and consider other options if the BA flights from LHR are impacted.

I have seen a comment made by someone on the forum saying that the announcement won't affect BA which confuses me...given the announcement I saw.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can clarify and relieve the concern I current am experiencing.
Old Apr 22, 2024, 11:32 am

Thank you to all for your responses...I am very thankful and appreciate the info!
Old Apr 22, 2024, 11:35 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Aviation Fuel Services, is the company in question here, AFS. It services Virgin, Delta, AA etc but not BA. A high percentage of strikes relating to LHR don't actually happen anyway.
KARFA, davidcamp6 and Dan72 like this.
Old Apr 22, 2024, 11:36 am

Thank you for your response...it takes a bit of stress away that I had when I saw the announcement!
Old Apr 22, 2024, 11:37 am

There are several aircraft fuelling companies at Heathrow, and the strike affects only one of them (AFS).
Old Apr 22, 2024, 11:39 am

If the strikes go ahead, would BA flights to the U.S. turn out to be packed?
Old Apr 22, 2024, 12:06 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyingScientist
If BAs joint venture partner across the Atlantic is not flying (AA) then it's a logical conclusion that disrupted AA passengers will be placed on BA, IB, EI, and AY fights.

Last edited by HNL; Apr 22, 2024 at 12:13 pm
Old Apr 22, 2024, 12:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyingScientist
I'd have thought if a large quantity of flights were cancelled (thinking AA, VS and DL), it is natural to assume many would be rebooked onto BA.
Old Apr 22, 2024, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by HNL
If BAs joint venture partner across the Atlantic is not flying (AA) then it's a logical conclusion that disrupted AA passengers will be placed on BA, IB, EI, and AY fights.
Which could in turn pose a problem for BA passengers who miss their connection at LHR, with rebooking options becoming unavailable.
Old Apr 22, 2024, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: VS Silver; Matmid Silver, BA Bronze; Accor Plat.
Thanks to all the wise for their input, I fly out on 5th and the limited press reports I accessed didn't have the full list of airlines. I don't think the petrol station the Bath Road would fit an aircraft and as such could provide an alternative ( but I bet the Nectar points if Virgin used an Esso would be useful)
flarmip likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.