Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
BA Holidays 'bonus' Avios

<mystery solved>

Last edited by henry999; Apr 23, 2024 at 4:32 am
Old Apr 23, 2024, 3:08 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by henry999
I've checked the booking and because you did not take your outbound flight from the United Kingdom, we are unable to credit your account.
Are you saying that you took all the flights in your holiday but none of them exited the UK?
You have not given the details of where your trip was to or from, or what the dates were etc.
I have had no problems getting the bonus avios for the BAHs I have taken.
So we need more details to see if it is a mistake by BA or a misunderstanding by yourself.
Old Apr 23, 2024, 3:35 am

I’ve taken quite a few BAHs in the last 3 years, some ex-LHR, some ex-DUB and one ex-SOF. All the ex-LHR bookings have credited bonus BAH Avios and none of the ex-EU ones have. Must admit I have not fully read the Ts & Cs in depth and always just assumed this was “a thing”. In my cases, it usually only amounts to a few hundred extra Avios for a BAH booking anyway, so wasn’t too fussed.

It may just be as simple as foreign currency bookings not being able to calculate the amount of bonus BAH Avios to be awarded, but I’m not sure.
henry999 likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2024, 4:13 am
Original Poster

Thanks, Nikko.

Originally Posted by Nikko5
In my cases, it usually only amounts to a few hundred extra Avios for a BAH booking anyway, so wasn’t too fussed.
In my case it's a few thousands of extra Avios so I'm in two minds as to how fussed I should be.
Old Apr 23, 2024, 4:16 am

BA are probably correct in this case. The terms for the the UK version of that offer are that the exec club account is registered in the UK and that the trip originates from the same country the account is registered in.

The relevant terms are at the bottom of this page

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...avios/holidays
henry999 likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2024, 4:20 am
Original Poster

Thank you very much, nigelw. That appears to be exactly the part I missed.
Old Apr 23, 2024, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by henry999
Thank you very much, nigelw. That appears to be exactly the part I missed.
The way it works is that some offers are world-wide, some are country specific, I think on this one when it first came out it was world wide and then the UK registered only restriction got added later on (this was a few years back though). They do change occasionally, so if the points/avios are important then it is always worth checking the latest terms and maybe keeping a copy just before booking
Old Apr 27, 2024, 5:38 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Closing this thread as the original poster has deleted their original post.

aks120
Moderator: BAEC Forum
rockflyertalk and henry999 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.