Wiki Posts
Search

Industrial action in france

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2024, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Industrial action in france

Just received this message relating to a flight from WAW-LHR.

Please be advised that your flight may be delayed tomorrow because of industrial action by Air Traffic Control staff in France. Whilst this isn’t something we can control, we’re sorry that this may affect your travel plans.

If you have a connecting flight as part of the same ticket and there’s a chance you may miss your connection, we'll automatically rebook your onward journey. Please check ba.com/managemybooking.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 1:29 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

The strike has apparently been called off however there is still some impact residue with regards to cancellations.

However, airlines have still warned of flight disruption including cancellations and delays due to the controllers’ SNCTA union withdrawing notice of the strike late on Wednesday.

Airlines for Europe (A4E), which represents carriers including Ryanair, easyJet, British Airways parent IAG, the Lufthansa Group and Air France-KLM, warned of “significant disruption”, saying the travel plans of thousands of passengers remain “in question” following the late notice.

https://travelweekly.co.uk/news/air/...still-forecast
SxMan likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 1:35 pm

I too got the message. Fingers crossed flights are not badly disrupted. I'm due to depart early Thursday from LGW to HER.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 1:55 pm

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
In Montpellier due to fly to LGW tomorrow. The only realistic alternative would be train and Eurostar but availability is very limited. My worry is that by the time we know whether our flight is cancelled it will be too late to sort an alternative way home tomorrow.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 1:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, FlyingBlue Gold, Hilton Gold, Mucci des repas d'enfant
Two texts and three emails for two flights… I cannot
complain that BA didn’t warn me!
crazy8534 and BA or bust like this.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 2:02 pm

Fingers crossed, my parents are flying to Heathrow from Aberdeen tmrw, at least our onward flights for our holiday isn’t till Saturday but could do without trying to remotely assist 2 older, competent but likely to get stressy parents 😅
BA or bust likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 3:43 pm
Formerly known as tireman77

Ahhhh. France and strikes. I'm reminded of this gem from M. O'Leary.

For this part one can start viewing at 3:45, but the whole thing is really worth watching.

To quote M. O'Leary “…something needs to be done and frankly we need to take out the air traffic control unions and say screw you, you can go and strike as long as you like but we are no longer willing to allow the skies over Europe to be shut down because you lot don’t like your present government or you don’t like something else, or it’s a Thursday in June and you feel like going on strike.”

SxMan and JamieABZ like this.
Old Apr 25, 2024, 12:02 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
16 out of 19 flights to and from Montpellier are cancelled - the BA flight from and to LGW is showing of one of 3 still operating.
Old Apr 25, 2024, 12:13 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
There are a lot of BA cancellations today (about 25 flights departing) over France and nearby locations such as BCN. I will list them all in the main FAQ thread for delays and cancellations.
SxMan likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2024, 12:37 am

All seems good at LGW. Departure board shows most flights on time.
BA or bust likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.