Wiki Posts
Search

I'm feeling blue...

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2024, 5:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BA Blue, Hilton Gold, Virgin Red
I'm feeling blue...

It was only a matter of time. Haven't stepped on an aircraft for over a year. And had two return flights the year before. 1 x BA and 1 x easyJet.
What a change - here's some of my BA97 stats for 2017...

Last edited by Sealink; May 2, 2024 at 6:23 am
Old May 2, 2024, 6:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Think of the positives.
DaveS, Sealink and londonba2014 like this.
Old May 2, 2024, 6:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BA Blue, Hilton Gold, Virgin Red
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Think of the positives.
I have to say not "social climbing" to Gold has been a blessed relief, no idea why I got carried along with that. Oh wait, I do, it was Flyer Talk. ;-)
Old May 2, 2024, 6:45 am

Programs: BA Silver , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Feeling your pain today too as I dropped from Gold to Silver on the 1st following an odd year where interest rates ate my play money and the LH cash trips we did have to the Maldives , Alaska, Barbados were on other (cheaper) carriers. The twenty or so OW fights i did take were all bar one on Avios. I also did have the pleasure of flying Vueling, Wizz and Easyjet to/from Malaga all of which were substantially cheaper than BA and all landed early.

Cant see my situation changing anytime soon, all of my flights booked bar one or two are paid with avios or other carriers thus earning no TPs. However in true FT sprit I have started to look into a TP run next April and a Double TP BAH in June 2025 to get "The Big G" back again by the middle on next year.

Flying through T5 LHR this week and it will be my first non First Lounge visit since 2017.

Oh the shame.......
Sealink and JTXC like this.

Last edited by sunshinebob; May 2, 2024 at 6:50 am
Old May 2, 2024, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
My boss got sent an email earlier saying "Welcome to Blue" ... he's Silver until 31/03/2025
Sealink likes this.
Old May 2, 2024, 7:04 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
I have found Blue to have some elements of a release. I can ignore all the queues, and be last to board. No worries about the dodgy wheelchairs and pushy Silvers getting in front of me . (Many of the wheelchairs are legit - but some are not..................Some parts of the world seem to attract dodgy wheel chair users, and their 10 hangers on).
Anyway, they can all get on in front of me.
And, I have found that I am happy to pay for extra legroom seats, IF they are available.
I have also found places to hang out at LHR and elsewhere that do not let me drink wine - the prices are too high!
Plus, Itend to eat and snack less............
Sealink, Keystone, HIDDY and 1 others like this.
Old May 2, 2024, 7:18 am

Programs: British Airways
Sliver, appears the sweet spot. However, it depends of you value status?
Sealink likes this.
Old May 2, 2024, 7:55 am

Programs: BA Gold
I will respond to this properly once I have looked at the threads started by GGL & Gold members, and then of course Silver and Bronze.

Please bear with us. Your thread is important to us.
Earthman, SwedeT, gorps1 and 8 others like this.
Old May 2, 2024, 8:04 am

Programs: BA Silver, several other less interesting cards...
Originally Posted by sunshinebob
Feeling your pain today too as I dropped from Gold to Silver on the 1st following an odd year where interest rates ate my play money and the LH cash trips we did have to the Maldives , Alaska, Barbados were on other (cheaper) carriers. The twenty or so OW fights i did take were all bar one on Avios. I also did have the pleasure of flying Vueling, Wizz and Easyjet to/from Malaga all of which were substantially cheaper than BA and all landed early.

Cant see my situation changing anytime soon, all of my flights booked bar one or two are paid with avios or other carriers thus earning no TPs. However in true FT sprit I have started to look into a TP run next April and a Double TP BAH in June 2025 to get "The Big G" back again by the middle on next year.

Flying through T5 LHR this week and it will be my first non First Lounge visit since 2017.

Oh the shame.......
I'm in the same boat. I have had a stash of Barclays and Amex vouchers between me and Mrs srbrenna which I have spent and therefore have no tier points to show for it. The running down of the Avios account (down to a paltry 800,000 with two Amex and one Barclays vouchers and more due soon) means I'll be down to Bronze next year at which point I'll be trying other airlines for cash tickets!
Sealink likes this.
Old May 2, 2024, 8:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Sealink
I have to say not "social climbing" to Gold has been a blessed relief, no idea why I got carried along with that. Oh wait, I do, it was Flyer Talk. ;-)
At least you've changed your FT Profile to reflect your current BAEC status.

Some folk don't.
Sealink likes this.
Old May 2, 2024, 8:28 am

Programs: BA Silver , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by HIDDY
At least you've changed your FT Profile to reflect your current BAEC status.

Some folk don't.
Noted...
HIDDY and Sealink like this.
Old May 2, 2024, 8:42 am
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by Sealink
Welcome to Free Agency.
HIDDY and Sealink like this.
Old May 2, 2024, 8:54 am

Programs: BAEC - Silver | Hilton Honors - Gold
Aside from the Status, how old is that image, particularly of the BA website??
Sealink likes this.
Old May 2, 2024, 9:01 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club (Silver) | AVIS Preferred | World of Hyatt | Marriott Bonvoy
I feel you. With the recent poor service (pre, during, post flight), and the actual saving done by flying with other carriers, I have "diversified" a bit more with who I travel and you'd actually be surprised of the quality of non-BA carriers, even low-cost carriers.
Old May 2, 2024, 10:56 am

Programs: BA Silver / Aegean
DOES |T REALLY MATTER.

Board in business anyways at your leisure.

Sing Spanish love songs to your Lady on the Balcony and invest in decent Hotel!

I'm going Sicily but I'm not Don Corterne! a la the Godfather. I'm not allowed to hum on the Balcony!

Sicily return visit and AMAZING.

might get a kiss and a cuddle!

SteveG
Sealink likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.