Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

ITA Matrix is $1600 cheaper than BA - Business Fare (I)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2024, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Same flight is $4900 on BA. BA says to book the flight and do price match which gives me a voucher i would like to avoid. Is there a way to construct this itinerary via BA/Iberia directly?
Spoiler

Google Flights : https://www.google.com/travel/flight...5jhFYKnsTymss7

Old May 3, 2024, 12:36 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
BA won't book you the flights under IB code, which is what the Matrix is pricing.
If you look for hte flights on ba.com, you'll end up on the prime flight numbers, which is probably why it's more expensive.
You could try using ITA PowerTools to book this via American, but I'm not sure if they allow itineraries without AA segments.
Alternatively, you could go through a travel agent to book this.
randoteam3, Pigeon49 and tmac100 like this.
Old May 3, 2024, 12:40 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
BA will usually book this over the phone as it contains a BA flight - at least if you have access to the Gold Line or higher.

Alternatively, cut and paste the entire contents of the last Matrix screen and send it over to someone like Propeller Travel (you can do it directly on their website) and they'll book it for you for a fee.
Old May 3, 2024, 12:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
BA will usually book this over the phone as it contains a BA flight - at least if you have access to the Gold Line or higher.

Alternatively, cut and paste the entire contents of the last Matrix screen and send it over to someone like Propeller Travel (you can do it directly on their website) and they'll book it for you for a fee.
or propeller will tell you the cannot get it to price in these fare classes. I have had that conversation with them more than once about fare constructs shown on ita matrix that nobody can replicate
Old May 3, 2024, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

• ITA PowerTools seems broken, most of links are not updated/mis-constructed.
  • Current better option is to price match via Capitol one Venture X travel portal, though refund is via travel credit that doesn't expire.
  • I am trying to be able build this itinerary in any of portals but haven't been successful so far, only linking via google flights to travel portals seems to work.

Old May 3, 2024, 1:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by randoteam3
Same flight is $4900 on BA. BA says to book the flight and do price match which gives me a voucher i would like to avoid. Is there a way to construct this itinerary via BA/Iberia directly?
Spoiler

Google Flights : https://www.google.com/travel/flight...5jhFYKnsTymss7

You need to book like for like to get best price guarantee. Codeshare flights don’t count so just be careful.
Pigeon49 and etiene like this.
Old May 3, 2024, 3:07 pm

Also you can’t do BPG against ITA Matrix anyway as it’s not a bookable site. If you could price it on an OTA then maybe but not with just the theoretical fare construct.

Don’t know what the rules are for the Capital One offer that OP mentions but again I’d be surprised if they price matched to something that isn’t directly bookable.
Old May 3, 2024, 3:31 pm

Programs: BA - GL, Disgruntled ex LH HON
It's definitely available and bookable, Propeller Trave will gladly do it for you (but will add a service fee or $45 per ticket).

Axx

Old May 3, 2024, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ITA is nesting BA LHR-HYD + HYD-LHR roundtrip fares inside IB JFK-LHR + LHR-JFK roundtrip fares (you can see there are 4 separate fare components). Normally, there would be $970 each-way YQ surcharges on JFK-LHR and LHR-JFK fares (which you can see below when priced separately). ITA is only charging $1109 YQ for total trip. Not sure how this is being calculated. Other sites are quoting one fare in each direction (JFK-HYD + HYD-JFK) rather than 4 separate fares.

Arsene Wenger likes this.

Last edited by xliioper; May 3, 2024 at 9:01 pm
Old May 4, 2024, 1:35 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Maybe slightly offtopic, but I have seen this happen a few times where ITA Matrix fares do not correspond to what you get when booking with BA via the call centre, even though the fare family is exactly the same. (I know this as I had a few times the great GGL agent worked with me to find out why the difference).
It's not as big difference as yours, but still up to 100 Euros more and sometimes less.

Cheers!
Old May 4, 2024, 8:43 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Just book it through a TA
Old May 4, 2024, 10:33 am

Expedia.ie ?
Expedia.com ?

AA.com , but as already mentioned above, likely need to have at least one AA flight

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.