Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Did British Airways not credit enough AA loyalty points?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2024, 6:38 am
Original Poster

I recent flew to Europe and my transatlantic flights were AA operated. I earned 39k points on the outbound, but on the return my BA connection flight to LHR made me miss my AA flight home from LHR to the US. BA rebooked me on a BA flight and then subsequently only have me 12k AA loyalty points… seems too low. Any advice on how to get it corrected?
Old May 4, 2024, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by Eastcoastflyer9
I recent flew to Europe and my transatlantic flights were AA operated. I earned 39k points on the outbound, but on the return my BA connection flight to LHR made me miss my AA flight home from LHR to the US. BA rebooked me on a BA flight and then subsequently only have me 12k AA loyalty points… seems too low. Any advice on how to get it corrected?
Your LP earnings with AA and BA are based on the fare. What was the fare you paid? Was this a roundtrip business fare?

If the earnings are in fact wrong then you will have to call AAdvantage Customer Service to get it fixed (800-882-8880, not the usual reservations number).
Old May 4, 2024, 6:48 am

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
This happened to me and the flights credited on distance not fare as those details were dropped (you can see it on the screen with your flight earnings details). I’d follow what JJeffrey suggested by calling in. Alternative is to log it via the AA website (note you want a fare review as the cost details were dropped during this rebooking due to delays), but you’re better off talking to a human at the onset.
Old May 4, 2024, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Your LP earnings with AA and BA are based on the fare. What was the fare you paid? Was this a roundtrip business fare?

If the earnings are in fact wrong then you will have to call AAdvantage Customer Service to get it fixed (800-882-8880, not the usual reservations number).
yes, it was a round trip business fare. Thanks, I’ll give them a call
Old May 4, 2024, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ryanbriar
This happened to me and the flights credited on distance not fare as those details were dropped (you can see it on the screen with your flight earnings details). I’d follow what JJeffrey suggested by calling in. Alternative is to log it via the AA website (note you want a fare review as the cost details were dropped during this rebooking due to delays), but you’re better off talking to a human at the onset.
That’s exactly what appears to have happened here now that I look at it. I’ll give AA a call
Old May 4, 2024, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
yes, it was a round trip business fare. Thanks, I’ll give them a call
But how much was the total fare? I'd double check the earnings actually are incorrect before wasting your time calling.
ryanbriar and Antarius like this.
Old May 4, 2024, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
But how much was the total fare? I'd double check the earnings actually are incorrect before wasting your time calling.
it was ~$9k so I would have expected about 80k points total round trip (I’m AA platinum pro). I don’t know the exact fare the the return trip because BA rebooked me through another city and the last leg was on UA regional flight. But I still would have expected a lot more miles than 12k.
Old May 4, 2024, 7:36 pm

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
it was ~$9k so I would have expected about 80k points total round trip (I’m AA platinum pro). I don’t know the exact fare the the return trip because BA rebooked me through another city and the last leg was on UA regional flight. But I still would have expected a lot more miles than 12k.
Then worth a call in / submitting a claim via the website. You’ll probably also have to request ORC. What I’ve done in these situations is share the original fare details with the cost breakdown and say this is what I ultimately need to be credited as this was the itinerary before IRROPS happened. It takes some time, but should be a non-issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.