Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

e-gates in LHR and LGW down [Tue 7 May - now restored]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2024, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Tuesday 9pm BST

Quote: Travel chaos at airports across UK - as London and Manchester confirm nationwide border issue ... A Heathrow spokesperson said: "Border Force is currently experiencing a nationwide issue which is impacting passengers being processed through the border."

https://news.sky.com/story/travel-ch...issue-13131309

Last edited by adrianlondon; May 7, 2024 at 2:13 pm Reason: Thanks to whoever added the date to the title. I forgot then couldn't change it.
Old May 7, 2024, 2:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Diamond, IHG Diamond
Can confirm chaos in T5. Queue is double snaked all the way from T5 south to T5 north and back again.
Old May 7, 2024, 2:15 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, BA LTG, Hilton Diamond, FB Platinum, EK Gold
Been standing here for an hour and a half, snaking through immigration hall, complete chaos
Old May 7, 2024, 2:21 pm

Will only need a couple more arrivals and they’ll have to consider closing T5 arrivals due to overcrowding!
SxMan likes this.
Old May 7, 2024, 2:22 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
There's certainly an outage of some sort across all LHR terminals. The worst one was T2 since there was a 30 minute queue there (it's measured on the Non-EEA queue) before it went down, Which I think was about 19:50 hrs. The last update I have is 20:08 which talks about bad congestion in all terminals, but no specifics. It's unusual not to hear anything in the last 60 minutes, but I will update if I hear anything.
Keystone and becks1 like this.
Old May 7, 2024, 2:24 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
I will change the title from ‘may be down’ as it seems to be a confirmed issue.

aks120
Moderator: BAEC Forum
adrianlondon likes this.
Old May 7, 2024, 2:27 pm

Programs: BA Exec, LH M&M
There seems to be a problem with IT used by Border Force, as reported by Daily Mail
alvinlwh likes this.
Old May 7, 2024, 2:27 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Confirmed elsewhere. Both MAN and EMA are also down
Old May 7, 2024, 2:28 pm

Programs: BAEC
https://news.sky.com/story/travel-ch...issue-13131309

Now on the Sky News UK app.

Chaos has been reported at airports across the UK - as two airports have confirmed a nationwide border issue.

Both Stansted and Gatwick airports said the issue was related to e-gates at passport control.

A Heathrow spokesperson said: "Border Force is currently experiencing a nationwide issue which is impacting passengers being processed through the border.

"Our teams are supporting Border Force with their contingency plans to help resolve the problem as quickly as possible and are on hand to provide passenger welfare. We apologise for any impact this is having to passenger journeys."
Old May 7, 2024, 2:36 pm

Programs: BAEC
Ah, the Border Farce giving a Great British welcome this evening. Onmishambles.
dvs7310 and Sealink like this.
Old May 7, 2024, 2:49 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by plunet
BA’s IT intern has moved jobs
Old May 7, 2024, 2:56 pm

They’re now attempting to bus people from T5 to other terminals to ease pressure on the queue. Absolute pandemonium, people in T5 have been waiting well in excess of 2 hours.
adrianlondon likes this.
Old May 7, 2024, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by plunet
​​​​​​

can confirm Gatwick had long queues when I arrived and had closed all the egates to check everyone manually, sounds like I’m lucky to have got through before it got really bad

now I’m waiting in a long queue just to be allowed to enter the train station due to the rail strikes and the platform being overcrowded

“Great” Britain indeed
Old May 7, 2024, 2:59 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
There is currrently no extra information here above the reports already in this thread, however the BBC typically update this page as information comes in

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68972065
adrianlondon likes this.
Old May 7, 2024, 3:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
IT issue or cyber attack of some sorts?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.