Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Club Europe Row 1

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2024, 1:35 am
Original Poster

BA Club Europe Row 1

I'm flying CE on May 10th from LHR to ABZ.
I'm only bronze and I was checking on expert flyer when they would open row 1.
Yesterday at 73 hours before, it was still closed, then I got a notification from Expert Flyer that they had opened row 1 - all 4 seats were available. So I quickly logged on and booked myself in 1F (so I can see the cityscape of ABZ when we come in to land).
However, expert flyer is now showing the seat next to me as blocked - see expert flyer screenshot.
However inside MMB, 1D shows as available if I want to move it. However, when I did a dummy booking to get to the seat map, I can see that both 1D and 1F are not available.

Does anyone know why BA would block the seat next to me? I'm only bronze so I know it's not for my personal space but I'm just really curious to know why.

Thanks!

Expert Flyer

When trying to do a dummy booking

!
Old May 8, 2024, 1:48 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
If it is a low loaded flight then they will try to block a seat next to you but it could be selected by any SCH or GCH, remember many people in CE will have tickets that can be changed on the same day. Domestic flights have frequent changes of passengers on the day due to same day change, missed connections etc.

You won’t be kicked out of your seat though.
ShalomDavid likes this.
Old May 8, 2024, 1:51 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
This is theoretical seating

FAQ : 'Theoretical Seating' : Blocked seats and status
ShalomDavid likes this.
Old May 8, 2024, 2:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by crazy8534
If it is a low loaded flight then they will try to block a seat next to you but it could be selected by any SCH or GCH, remember many people in CE will have tickets that can be changed on the same day. Domestic flights have frequent changes of passengers on the day due to same day change, missed connections etc.

You won’t be kicked out of your seat though.
Thank you so much! It does look like a low load flight.......
crazy8534 likes this.
Old May 8, 2024, 2:41 am
Original Poster

Thanks - that's what I thought but was just curious as I don't have status other than lowly bronze
Old May 8, 2024, 2:45 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
theoretical seating blocks lots of seats, not just beside gold.

As bronze, as seats start to fill up, if more seats are needed, the seat beside you will be among the earliest to be released

Additionally golds and silvers can probably see and select the seat.
ShalomDavid likes this.
Old May 8, 2024, 2:47 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by ShalomDavid
Thanks - that's what I thought but was just curious as I don't have status other than lowly bronze
Nothing wrong with lowly Bronze! We've all been there, sometimes up and down like a yoyo before breaking free. 😏
ShalomDavid likes this.
Old May 8, 2024, 2:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BA or bust
Nothing wrong with lowly Bronze! We've all been there, sometimes up and down like a yoyo before breaking free. 😏
I almost got to silver when they reduced the tiers to 450 - I got to 430 just a month before year end for me - just 10 tier points away from hitting silver!!! I called them but was told no! I actually almost cried!!!!
Old May 16, 2024, 1:20 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
I've had a look at FAQ : 'Theoretical Seating' : Blocked seats and status and it appears to indicate that as a OWE I would be treated similarly to a BAEC Silver (which I also am), as far as being able to select row 1 on CE (currently in row 2). Can anyone confirm that my reading of this is correct?

For my forthcoming CE flight ex LGW next week, I have entered my QF number rather than BA number, as I still need a couple of status credits to retain Platinum, but I'm hoping to snag a window seat in row 1 on the A321, which currently has all of row 1 blocked (so I guess no Golds ATM).
Old May 16, 2024, 1:23 am

Originally Posted by Grace B
I've had a look at FAQ : 'Theoretical Seating' : Blocked seats and status and it appears to indicate that as a OWE I would be treated similarly to a BAEC Silver (which I also am), as far as being able to select row 1 on CE (currently in row 2). Can anyone confirm that my reading of this is correct?

For my forthcoming CE flight ex LGW next week, I have entered my QF number rather than BA number, as I still need a couple of status credits to retain Platinum, but I'm hoping to snag a window seat in row 1 on the A321, which currently has all of row 1 blocked (so I guess no Golds ATM).
Ba silver (one world sapphire) can select row 1 of CE from T-72, provided TS is not blocking the seats.

Ba gold can select row 1 of CE any time. I thought the same applied to owe
asnovici likes this.
Old May 16, 2024, 1:26 am

Programs: BA silver
Originally Posted by ShalomDavid
I almost got to silver when they reduced the tiers to 450 - I got to 430 just a month before year end for me - just 10 tier points away from hitting silver!!! I called them but was told no! I actually almost cried!!!!
Ever thought of spending a few hours in Sofia?
Old May 16, 2024, 1:35 am

Originally Posted by scottishpoet
Ba gold can select row 1 of CE any time. I thought the same applied to owe
That's what I thought, but apparently not (as per my experience).
Old Yesterday, 4:20 am

Well, the seatmap today is interesting. All seats taken in rows 2-6, but row 1 still blocked (>72 hrs out). However, EF shows J9, so something funny going on...
Old Yesterday, 4:22 am

Originally Posted by Grace B
Well, the seatmap today is interesting. All seats taken in rows 2-6, but row 1 still blocked (>72 hrs out). However, EF shows J9, so something funny going on...
if they sell more J seats then CE will move beyond row 6
Old Yesterday, 4:51 am

Originally Posted by scottishpoet
if they sell more J seats then CE will move beyond row 6
Well, they'd have to kick the Y people that are currently entrenched there out of row 8. so J9 still wouldn't fit.

So how's that going to work? Seems like the message might be to board early.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.