Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] UA - AKL-EWR - 3505 NZD / $2101 USD r/t - Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2024, 2:08 am
Original Poster

United Airlines is having a wonderful "sale" on business class flights from Auckland, New Zealand (AKL) to New York City (EWR)!! From Oct 29 to Dec 12 and random dates through the end of schedule a roundtrip can be booked for 3505 NZD or $2101 USD in business class!

This is technically a fare to Dallas (DFW) and the flight is 2 one-way fares, so it'll likely work to other points in the US!

Ticket must be issued by May 17, 2024 (but I doubt this sale will make it to then). No minimum stay. 2 free stopovers in SYD/MEL/AKL/LAX/SFO/HOU. 5 transfers in each direction.

Google Flights
https://www.google.com/travel/flight...ka484Qh6AG5vaA
https://www.google.com/travel/flight...2HbBSj9J2AXhA9

Spoiler

ITA Matrix
Spoiler

Routing Rules
Spoiler

Full Fare Rules
Spoiler

Get booking!! This is a fantastic price compared to what airlines have been traditionally been asking post-pandemic!
danang, AJO, honzeek_cz and 21 others like this.
Old May 8, 2024, 2:14 am
Original Poster

I said this was 2 one-way flights. A one-way to Dallas (DFW) is $1023 USD on either Air New Zealand or United (UA ticket stock for either airline).

https://www.google.com/travel/flight...BkHy9sbrYqYKz9
https://www.google.com/travel/flight...rWo7ZMUiqvaBk6

Spoiler

A one-way ticket to Newark (EWR) is $1484 USD, so you might as well buy the roundtrip!

https://www.google.com/travel/flight...W88Ks4dQLPX3t6

Spoiler

s777bg likes this.
Old May 8, 2024, 2:18 am

Any availability?

Brie you find any specific bookable flight or is this just theoretical fare? Looking at the routing from Australia to PPT that must be NZ/UA coded. Haven’t seen any such direct flights…
Old May 8, 2024, 2:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Harko
Brie you find any specific bookable flight or is this just theoretical fare? Looking at the routing from Australia to PPT that must be NZ/UA coded. Haven’t seen any such direct flights…
It's not theoretical. You can book directly with United.

And many dates work!
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by cruser1; May 8, 2024 at 2:27 am
Old May 8, 2024, 2:23 am
Original Poster

A roundtrip to Dallas (DFW) is $2041 USD with either United or Air NZ.

https://www.google.com/travel/flight...kScsnWd1EVpbQ7
https://www.google.com/travel/flight...SUXUPTYpqHynj6

Spoiler

SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 8, 2024, 2:55 am

This is an amazing price, has anyone managed to get this to work with stopovers via Melbourne or Sydney? I can't seem to make it work.
cruser1 likes this.
Old May 8, 2024, 3:12 am

Any way to make the reverse or at least one way EWR-AKL? (Need for MEL but will settle for AKL at this amazing price!)
cruser1 likes this.
Old May 8, 2024, 3:21 am
Original Poster

This was just posted to SF. It will be dead soon!
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 8, 2024, 3:23 am

Amazing deal - great find! But why is it when clicking on the link provided which is United's official website it gives the 'sale price' but if searching those exact dates on United's website from the home page it gives the usual expensive price? I am worried UA will pull these sale fares and will not honour any already purchased.
cruser1 likes this.
Old May 8, 2024, 3:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by manodeep
Any way to make the reverse or at least one way EWR-AKL? (Need for MEL but will settle for AKL at this amazing price!)
Despite being two one-way flights, it looks like it only works Area 3 (NZ) to Area 1 (USA), not the other way around.

Originally Posted by MK2237
Amazing deal - great find! But why is it when clicking on the link provided which is United's official website it gives the 'sale price' but if searching those exact dates on United's website from the home page it gives the usual expensive price? I am worried UA will pull these sale fares and will not honour any already purchased.
You run the risk of having your ticket cancelled for many of the deals posted here. It's all part or the cat and mouse game we play! You win some and you lose some, but you lose every deal you don't try to book! The fare is a valid / real fare!
SPN Lifer and MK2237 like this.

Last edited by cruser1; May 8, 2024 at 3:37 am
Old May 8, 2024, 4:46 am

Programs: United Platinum, Frontier Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
Still available. Just bought. Now, I just need to find a way to AKL to use this. Booked Air New Zealand akl-bne, then United from bne. I suspect between now and February that at least one of those two will be changed enough to open up other options.

Cruser1, thanks so much for all you do here.
SPN Lifer, cruser1 and turbox3 like this.
Old May 8, 2024, 4:49 am
Formerly known as tireman77

Just looked at the 2 GF links in the OP. Gotta love the lie flat on the Transcontinental flights on the inbound. And the 40 minute connection in DFW is screaming for a misconnect on a schedule change to rebook on lie flats transcontinental flights, or at least extend the trip by a day on the airline's dollar.
cruser1, ryanherb and Mylesayshi like this.
Old May 8, 2024, 5:29 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
it definitely works with stopover in SYD

progapanda and cruser1 like this.
Old May 8, 2024, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
That's a nice one-way fare. Too bad I can't make it work with my other commitments
cruser1 and Grey Nomad like this.
Old May 8, 2024, 5:50 am

Programs: QF P1, BA GGL, AS GMVP
Amazing!

Any ideas about the stopover fare rules?
cruser1 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.