Reload this Page >

Lightest carry-on bag

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lightest carry-on bag

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2011, 7:01 pm

sk3, you're welcome. One thing I forgot to mention is that the Litestream does not have a carry handle on the side, only a handle on the top of the bag. Especially when walking up/down stairs, it's easier to carry the bag from a handle on the side, rather than having the bag straight up. Also, when opened the attachment of the top cover doesn't seem so sturdy; it's just the cloth material. Other than that, the bag works well for me. And the outer dimensions of the bag are exactly 22 x 14 x 9 inches, inclusive of all wheels, handle, etc.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 9:09 am

to make long things short.
Can we agree on the three best & lightest?
There are too many pages on this thread and way too many items.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 12:38 pm

Programs: none
Originally Posted by aviationx
Highly doubtful.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 4:02 pm

I don't think its been mentioned here but I do know that Samsonite is coming out with a new luggage series called LIFT. The wheeled carry-on is 6lbs. 3 colors. Not a monopole which I like.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 4:31 pm

And to limit the entries, limit the empty weight to 5lbs max?
Old Apr 19, 2011, 11:41 am

In that case there should be two threads in my humble oppinion. Non-wheeled and wheeled carry-on since they are really two different types of bags and fulfill the needs of entirely different travelers.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 6:54 pm

Programs: MP(1K) Million Miler, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Mabuk dan gila
Allot of overseas carriers are getting very aggressive about carry-on weight. It's a significant problem and every ounce/gram of weight you can save on the bag, is one more item you can pack inside.
I second that. TG my 22in carry on at business class check-in at SYD, and found it was 3-4 kilos overweight and told me I had to check it. But I protested that I carried it on to SYD on UA from SFO, and TG let me carry it on.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 10:03 pm

Programs: Skymiles, United, Continental, JBlU, USair, AA
read faster, peasant.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 8:54 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by brunotattaglia
read faster, peasant.
ROFLWSUT (rolling on the floor laughing while spitting up tea)!
Old Apr 22, 2011, 10:36 pm

Programs: UA, SPG, Amtrak
A. Saks has a new 17" roller weighing in at just over 4 pounds:

http://www.overstock.com/Luggage-Bag...9/product.html

http://www.ebags.com/product/a-saks/...uctid=10128446
Old Apr 22, 2011, 10:43 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by mre2b9
Nice find, mre2b9. I thought I was done buying luggage for awhile, but I might just have to add to my A Saks collection.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 9:27 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
A. Saks has a 16-inch tote that I've been playing around with. I've used it for car trips but haven't taken it on a plane yet. Packed to the gills, it just barely exceeds the 36 linear inches some airlines have adopted for their definition of a personal item, yet I've managed to pack a pair of shoes, two 15-inch packing folders, and a number of small electronic items in it. For those who fly frequently on regional jets, it could be a winner as I think it would fit in their smaller overhead bins.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 9:28 am

22" Spinner wheel 3.9 lbs.

I found walkin'bag having a sale of 3.9lbs. 22" rolling carry on.

http://www.walkinbag.com/zipcart-ult...e-carryon.html
Old May 4, 2011, 6:21 pm

4.5 lbs. 22" laptop spinner rolling tote 50% off at walkinbag

Found Jetcart from swany is now half priced $75, comes with four spinning wheels with 4.5 lbs. weight, 15" laptop storing 22" carryon.

http://www.walkinbag.com/ultra-lightweight-luggage
Old May 5, 2011, 4:19 am

The Travelite Delite originally discussed early in this thread is running low on stock and may be difficult to find now. The Lufthansa shops have long carried limited stock and colurs, and I finally jumped on the last one on Amazon.de for a bargain price of 39,95 Euros.

As an owner of both the Landor and Hawa Sub 2.0 and the Travel Delite, I will say that the Travelite is the preferable of the two in terms of style, space, and practicality. The Sub 2,0 held up well over a year of being checked as well as carry on, while the Travelite zipper is already sticky.

If I were to buy today however of the three choices I would still go with the Samsonite I referenced a few pages ago due to style and size and weight. Cost however is still relatively high, although I did find a few sellers willing to bargain down the cost.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.